Budapest is famous for its hot springs and thermal baths, but not so well known for the deep limestone caverns that feed the hot springs. If your friend is an explorer, treat him to a Budapest stag cave tour.
While many caves tours in Budapest are suited only for experienced cavers, two large caves are open to the general public, lit by electric light and can be accessed by guided tour. These underground labyrinths are directly under the city’s residential districts. For the courageous, true spelunking experiences are available, with climbing and crawling through narrow passages.
These tours are, of course, accompanied by experienced caving guides. Make a cave tour part of your Budapest stag weekend!
- transfer to and from the venue
- 2,5 – 3 hour long adventurous climbing-crawling tour into a 30 km long multi-level labyrinth system (the longest cave of Hungary)
- caving equipment (overalls, helmet and light) is provided
- local female guide
- availability: all year round
- good-to-know: During the caving tour you will often have to climb on walls and crawl through narrow passages, therefore you must be in good physical health to participate. The temperature in the cave remains at a constant 10 °C (50 °F) all year round. Light pullover and comfortable trousers are enough under the overall. The cave is dry during the year. You can change your clothes in changerooms, found at the cave entrance.
You may also be interested in...